Case 1: Brand & Product Development
Problem: A conventional retailer is losing customers' share of wallet to up and coming competitors offering organic, natural, locally grown fresh, convenient and/or ethically sourced products. How to address these customer trends and competitive threats while maintaining your business and operating needs?
- Create a strategic response to build a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop an in-store experience and communications plan to retain customers and gain new ones.
- Launch new brand and products on time and within budget.
Graham's leadership and project management skills where critical to delivering Nature's Promise on time and on budget."
Former VP of Private Label at Northeast Grocery Chain
Background: Market analysis conducted using data from Nielsen and Simmons identified a significant amount of dollar leakage to “super-natural” retailers in the direct areas serviced. Customer loyalty card data confirmed the lost sales of high value consumers. Further analysis provided more insight into the consumer: key categories, demographics, key drivers of purchase behavior and shopping pattern influencers. Further research was conducted through in-store visits of the competitive chains to identify brands, product assortment and customer education and communication programs required.
Thanks to Graham and his team Nature's Promise is now a multimillion dollar brand. His insight into the brand values and the extension into perishable categories have resulted into a great brand franchise."
SVP Perishables at Northeast Grocery Chain
- Roll out of new brand and packaging across (12) product/categories on time and within budget.
- Currently the largest "own brand" offering in the retailer's portfolio
- One of the largest organic and natural brands in the country.
- Proclaimed as a model and best practice for developing, launching and supporting brands across all stake holder communities.
Sustainable Innovations™ was integral in helping the retailer define the strategy, develop a brand experience, manage a full and completely successful project, and maintain an on-going commitment to the brand. Sustainable Innovations™ - Partnerships for a better tomorrow.
Contact us for more information.
website by Fat Cat Design